Thursday, May 24, 2012

Crafting with the Girls

One afternoon, Eli was sleeping and the girls were done with schoolwork. I would like to say that I didn't have any housework calling my name, but that would not be true. However, I ignored the laundry waiting to be folded and we sat down to craft. 

The best part about our craft is that it was FREE since we had the supplies already, and it didn't involve glitter. Note: I have nothing against glitter. It just seems that we cannot handle the fancy stuff without completely sparkling the house. : )

We found some washers in an old cigar box in the closet, covered them with scrapbook paper (because I no longer have spare time to scrapbook anyway), and then added a coat of Liquid Glass for extra shine. Once dried we added strings to make necklaces. How fun -- and easy -- is that????





3 comments:

  1. Very cute! You should make these as gifts! or have the girls sell them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah! We made them as Mother's Day gifts. I have to admit I've worn mine a few times already and love it! Who says cool jewelry has to come with a big price tag???

    ReplyDelete