Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Graphic Organizers

My girls love to write little stories, and I admit that I have enjoyed reading their stories and not focused much on paragraph organization. They write great sentences, but we just haven't worked on putting the sentences together to make great paragraphs. Many stories are one HUGE paragraph. It reflects the way they retell a movie to me, or a book they read. It is difficult to organize so many details!! Details get omitted and many unnecessary details get repeated.

So, this year we are utilizing all sorts of graphic organizers and focusing on pre-writing in the writing process. I wanted to share a great website I found full of different graphic organizers for different genres of writing. I hope it is as helpful to you as it has been for me!

http://www.eduplace.com/graphicorganizer/

No comments:

Post a Comment