Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Stuffed Crust Pizza


I love trying new recipes, and I love sharing our family favorites. So, here is our favorite pizza crust -- stuffed crust. I usually make my pizza crust in my bread machine, because it does all the kneading for me and I don't have to worry about how long it has been since the dough started rising. So, I make a 2-lb. dough in the bread machine. Here is the recipe that I use.


Pizza Dough
(all ingredients at room temperature)

3/4 tsp salt
4 cups flour
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 and 3/8 cups water
3 Tbsp olive oil

Combine all ingredients in bread pan and set on dough setting.
Dust your pizza pan with a sprinkle of corn meal. Roll out dough, allowing it to hang over the edge of the pan by 3 inches. Cut mozzarella cheese sticks in fourths and place around the edge of the pan. Then, fold the excess dough over the cheese sticks (shown above). Cover with sauce, and your favorite pizza toppings. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Yummmmmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment