Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ruebush Clydesdale Farm

My brother, Key, was here for a visit for a few days last week. I was telling him that there is a Clydesdale farm not far from here that I had always wanted to take the girls to, but we had never done it. We didn't have anything planned for the afternoon, so I called and asked if we could come out for a visit. Mr. Ruebush was so kind to talk with us and introduce us to the many livestock he raises. We saw young Clydesdales, mules, goats and several barn cats. I was amazed at how incredibly gentle and friendly his massive horses are! We were able to walk right up to them and pet them. They were a little intimidating to Eli. He DID NOT enjoy the horses so much. Mr. Ruebush was so informative and I learned a lot about these great animals. I was impressed that his horses are broken to drive alone, in couples or in a team of four. Thank you, Mr. Ruebush!!












No comments:

Post a Comment