Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How Many Gallons of Water . . .

. . . does it take to wash a VERY dirty cattle trailer? A LOT! I wish I had taken a "before" photo because you just can't appreciate these photos without knowing where this trailer started. But, imagine years of dried cattle manure covering the floor, sides and outsides of this trailer and you have a pretty accurate picture. It was nasty! When the kids are playing hide-and-seek with their cousins, I don't think anyone ventures into the trailer to hide, although it could be an ideal spot. It is dirty because it is used to transport cattle, and they aren't clean, and they aren't potty-trained.

Sunday, Matthew cleaned up the trailer so he and Emily could take the hog and bucket calves to the fair. I had to take photos because I know it won't look this clean for a long time. 

Eli and Megan had a blast running around in the clean trailer while the hog was being scrubbed down, and then they splashed in the many puddles left from the day's activities. I love farm life!




No comments:

Post a Comment