Saturday, December 7, 2013

Enjoying the Last Warm December Day

"Can I ride my tricycle to Grandma's house?" asks Eli. 
I am so glad we took our walk/ride on Wednesday, the last warm day before the bitter cold air blew in. 







I am not a huge fan of winter because I am not fond of cold weather. And it takes so long to get everyone dressed to go out. I do love a great snowfall -- as long as I don't have to be out running around in it. I like to be a winter spectator.

But I do appreciate the change of seasons. I can't imagine life without the beautiful colors of fall, or the grey, cloudy spring days or late summer nights playing outside. 

And I also appreciate the seasons of life! So many great memories from the "season" of college, and the lifelong friends that I made there. Many great memories from the "season" of high school and marching in the marching band. So many great memories from the "season" of being married without children, and learning to serve alongside my husband. And now, so many great times in the "season" of parenthood!

I have learned that, just as the seasons that are dictated by changing weather and the length of days, seasons in life cannot be rushed, and should be enjoyed. There are days when I look at my impossible  to-do list and think, "If only I had more free time . . ." And then I remind myself that too soon the house will be still and quiet and our little ones will be in new seasons of their own. 

And I am content with this season. 

Enjoy the season.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:






No comments:

Post a Comment