Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving Memories

When I was growing up, Thanksgiving was always at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Turkey, potatoes, noodles, corn, cole slaw, pie and sweet tea. I know she worked so hard to get it all done, but I also know that it was her joy to prepare a wonderful meal for her family. 

So, now it is our turn to make Thanksgiving memories for our family. We do a lot of gratitude activities during the month of November. God has blessed us beyond what we deserve. 

Thanksgiving Day this year was full of delicious food at Grandma's house. And lots of time playing with cousins -- and making potholders. Unfortunately I left the camera at home so I didn't get photos. 

Although Matthew would probably say that his favorite part of the day was watching his beloved Cowboys play football, mine was playing an entertaining game of Malarky with the family. We learned a lot and laughed a lot.

My brother and his wife and son, and a family friend came to our house on Saturday for another Thanksgiving meal. Once again, the food was good, and it was fun to watch our children play with their cousin, Joshua. And, the afternoon ended with an exciting game of Skip-Bo with a come-from-behind win by Megan. 

No matter what your family traditions, make meaningful memories. 

Cranberry applesauce: A new favorite recipe. 

Our turkey breast. I have only one complaint about this turkey. I didn't get any leftovers!


Aunt Hannah made the most delicious pumpkin bars! Eli had to sit right next to his cousin while having their snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment