Thursday, January 30, 2014

Baked Sugar Doughnuts . . . From Biscuits????

Megan.
Friday morning. 
7:02 a.m.
Our kitchen.

Me: What would you like for breakfast this morning, Megan? 
Megan: Doughnuts.
Me: (I RARELY buy doughnuts, so of course we have none.) 
Hmmmm. Well, I don't think we can have doughnuts unless your dad wants to run over to the Amish bakery and pick some up. (hinting)
Matthew: It'll be awhile before I finish the chores.
Me: I could try to make some. 

I have never made doughnuts before. But I did remember seeing a shortcut recipe using refrigerated biscuits, which we happened to have in the refrigerator. Why not? 

I was skeptical. I mean, who makes doughnuts out of biscuits????

But they were delicious! It helps that they are dipped in butter and coated with sugar, but I like to treat the family sometimes! Besides, they are baked, not fried. It's a nice break from our usual breakfast menu options!

So, here is the recipe, straight from the Pillsbury® package!!



Baked Sugar Doughnuts

1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1/3 c. sugar

Preheat oven to 375°F.
Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten each to a 2-1/2 inch round. 
With 1-inch round biscuit cutter (or a shot glass), cut hole in center of each round. 
Dip all sides of biscuits and centers into butter, then into sugar.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment