Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Organizing Tip

I like to be organized. I like to be tidy. I like all things to be in their places. Rarely does this happen. Well, it does happen late at night, but nobody except me is awake to enjoy it. Anyway, here is one of the ways I stay organized.

Each of our children has their own laundry bin. To make it fun, I let them pick out their own bin -- Megan chose the flowered bin, Emily chose blue and I chose brown for Eli. When I fold laundry, I sit on the floor with their three bins around me and a laundry basket for Matthew's and my clothes. As I fold, I sort into the correct bin. Then, when laundry is done, the girls take their bins up to their bedrooms and puts their own laundry away. This has saved me a lot of time and gives them a responsibility to take care of each week. It is also great for toys or books that make their way downstairs. The girls have just learned that if there is something in their bin it is their responsibility to put it away.

Just a fun tip that just might makes laundry more manageable for me!!



No comments:

Post a Comment