Sunday, March 16, 2014

Octopus Spaghetti


I don't buy a lot of hot dogs. I guess I just don't crave them much. And they don't seem like part of a wholesome meal. Unless they are going to be suspended over a campfire until perfectly roasted. But, every once in a while one of the kids talk me into a package.

So, I boil up part of a package for a lunch and then we have leftover hot dogs in the refrigerator. I found this "recipe" once and it is a hit with the kids and uses up the last few hot dogs. We call it octopus spaghetti.

I cut the hot dogs into bite-sized pieces. Then I break a handful of "octopus tentacles," otherwise known as uncooked spaghetti noodles, and thread four noodles into each hot dog bite. Throw into a pot of boiling water and boil until the spaghetti is done. 

I boil a full pot of spaghetti along with the octopus spaghetti, and cover with sauce. 

The kids think it is fun. And Matthew and I skip the octopus and enjoy our fine Italian cuisine while the kids get a little "seafood."





No comments:

Post a Comment