Friday, October 17, 2014

Hedgeball Harvest

Anyone have a hedgeball tree? There is one out in the pasture across from our house. For some reason, one afternoon we decided to go pick up hedgeballs. I don't know why. I have never taken the kids on a hedgeball harvest before, but over the fence and across the creek we went. 

Those things are kinda pretty. They are weird -- for sure. Bright green and covered in a texture that reminds me of a brain. A very green, round, softball-sized brain. And we discovered that, although one hedgeball isn't very heavy, a bag of 40 hedgeballs is a lot of fun to carry through the pasture. And even more fun to lift over the gate. Lots of fun.

When we got home I piled them next to the house, and next thing I know they are in a window well. I was telling Matthew that the hedgeballs are believed to be a natural and safe insect repellent. He asked if I noticed fewer insects around the house. Grin. My reply: "Not in the window well!"








1 comment: